Grigorenko on Potential Lockout, CSKA Moscow Offer1
Mikhail Grigorenko is not interested in the KHL’s CSKA Moscow.
Reaaaallly not interested.
As we reported earlier, Grigs had received a the promise of a guaranteed roster spot and some big money from Sergei Fedorov’s team in the motherland. Well, now we know how Grigorenko feels about it, as well as his intentions on where he will play if there is a NHL lockout this season. From Sports.ru (roughly translated by Google Translate):
Forward “Buffalo” Mikhail Grigorenko said that he had an offer to return to CSKA.
- Contract nobody offered me so serious intentions to talk is not worth it. Yes, I called from CSKA Moscow, Valery Bragin and Sergei Fedorov were interested in my plans. But for myself, I firmly decided that I would try to break into the adult hockey overseas. No desire to return to Russia with me at the moment.
- And if the NHL lockout will be?
- I will continue to act in a junior league for “Quebec”. Why am I so firmly opposed to returning to CSKA Moscow? With the recent acquisitions made by the army club, a chance to gain a foothold there, I will be a little bit. Yes, and the precipitate was left on the moment when I went out of CSKA. I do not really trust it. There were problems with the coaching staff and with the leadership of the club.
- But now there was a change in CSKA appeared Fedorov, Bragin …
- I would not say that everything changed. The same people were working in the structure of the club.
That’s some pretty tough talk. It’s not exactly bridge burning stuff, but a public slap in the face of Moscow’s darling club can’t be going over well in the offices of Bragin and Fedorov.
For Sabres fans, well, it’s certainly encouraging to see the young man make an impact statement on this issue. With any doubts over his commitment now resolved, we can now just look forward to watching him making some impact statements on the ice here in Buffalo.