Top Ten 2010-2011 Sabres GIFs2
A picture says a thousand words. A GIF says a thousand words, over, and over, and over again.
A GIF file, for those of you who are unfamiliar with them, is used to display small animations and low-resolution film clips.
Our compilation of the top ten GIFs from the Sabres’ 2010-11 season contains moments from the regular season, from the playoffs, and from the moments in-between that made us all a little more aware of our breathing, as it was being taken away.
Not everyone will agree that each of these are of the most memorable or important games of the season. That’s ok. GIF files aren’t a thesis – they are just a means to convey one powerful moment, be it silly, outrageous, shocking, or sentimental.
Simply put: enjoy.
Oh – and for you GIF rookies out there, these things can take a while to load, so please be patient.
1. Tyler Myers tells Lars Eller to “Stay… DOWN!”
2. The Nathan Gerbe 360 goal
3. Cody McCormick removes Jussi Jokinen from our television screens
4. Mark Mancari owns the boards to seal a late season victory
5. Miller. Briere.
6. Kimmo Timonen’s love-tap to Nathan Gerbe
7. Pat Kaleta pulls some door duty on the bench
8. The French Connection welcomes the Pegula Era
9. Rene Robert at the Rick Martin memorial service: “Rico… this is for you my friend.”
10. Rick Martin once said, “If you can’t have a laugh, life ain’t worth living.”
next post: Serious Sabres Superstitions: A Story behind the Sign-off